Hello and welcome to the first Stamping Inkspirations Blog Hop for 2022!! I am so looking forward to be joining the team to bring more creativity to you this year.
The crew have some wonderful inspiration for you this year and we are starting off with a Sketch Challenge for January. A sketch can be a great place to start if you are unsure about what stamp set to use. I looked at the square that is the focal point of this sketch and decided to use the sweet image of a lady sitting on a window ledge from the In The Moment stamp set as the layout would make the stamped and coloured image look great.
Here is my card with the new In The Moment stamp set that is currently available in the January to June Mini Catalogue.
- Start with a Misty Moonlight card base measuring 21cm x 14.9cm scored and folded in half
- Cut a piece of the Misty Moonlight Pattern Party DSP to measure 10cm x 14.3cm and glue this to the card base
- Cut a piece of Misty Moonlight card stock to measure 7cmx 7cm
- Cut a piece of Basic white card stock to measure 6.2cm x 6.2cm. Stamp the image in Memento™Tuxedo Black ink and then colour the image in with Stampin' Blends as in products used below. You can also use watercolour pencils. I have coloured the cushions in with Calypso Coral and then put some fun dots on the cushion using the bullet endow the Stampin' Blends
- Glue this to the Misty Moonlight card stock measuring 7cmx 7cm on an angle as in the Sketch. Then pop this up on the card front using dimensionals
- Cut a piece of the woodgrain In Good Taste DSP into a 10cm x3cm strip then tear along the 10cm side. Glue this to the bottom of the card
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark™ink on a piece of Misty Moonlight card stock. Sprinkle with White embossing Powder and set with the heat tool. Cut down to size and banner ends if you like with paper snips. Use dimensionals to secure to the card front
- Tie a length of Linen Thread in a double bow and use a glue dot to adhere to the left side of the sentiment
I love this image of the lady looking out the window especially at the moment as we are all staying at home more often. I look out the window at my amazing view often throughout the day and feel blessed as I can see trees, mountains and birds as they fly past. We have an elevated block of land and I love my view. I do ponder when we will be able to travel again and look forward to that time.
Up next on our Blog Hop is the lovely Gez Carpenter
Please click on the next blog button below to head over to her post for her Sketch Challenge card. I can't wait to see what the team have created this month
I hope you and your family enjoyed a lovely Christmas and New Year.
I hope you have found some time over the season to create or turn your thoughts to what your next project will be.