Hello and welcome to the first Around the World on Wednesday Blog Hop for 2022!
Happy New Year to you!!
Below is a picture showing where the AWOW team are from on the world map. We certainly come from most corners of the globe. We all love coming together each month to bring inspiration and creativity to share.
This months challenge was to CAS(e) the mini catalogue and switch it up! It was difficult to decide what to recreate from the catalogue as there are so many fabulous projects there.
I settled on creating the Paradise Palms on page 25 of the Mini Catalogue.
I have used the Timeless Tropical stamp set from the annual catalogue So good to be able to use what you have in your stash. I need to use this stamp set more often too. We all need to be by the sea somewhere tropical at the moment. Right!!
Here is page 25 of the Mini Catalogue and the card I have CAS(e) D is the bottom right.
- Start with a piece of Coastal Cabana card stock measuring 21.5cm x 10cm scored and folded in half
- Cut a piece of Basic White card stock to measure 10cm x 9.8cm
- On the piece of Basic White card stock stamp the Base if the Palm Tree and the sand in Crumb Cake ink
- Using a Sponge Dauber create a circle at the top right of the tree using Mango Melody ink to look like the sun
- On a scrap piece of Basic White stamp the palms in Coastal Cabana and die cut using the coordinating die. Then cut off the remaining tree trunk. Adhere the palms to the top of the tree using Dimensionals
- Stamp the sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink to the right of the tree
- Adhere the stamped layer to the card base leaving more Coastal Cabana to the right
- Adhere 5 of the Pale Papaya Genial Gems around the tree as in image
I really enjoyed creating for this challenge and love my switched up card using a stamp set that I already have in my stash.
Up next on our Blog Hop is the talented and lovely Rochelle Laird-Smith
Make sure you click on the next button to head to her blog post to see her creation for this challenge
Hope you have enjoyed your day today.
We do indeed need to by the beach just now! I don't have either of these sets but am very tempted by them both.ReplyDelete
I love your beachy cardReplyDelete
Great card - this is perfect for our hot Aussie summer!ReplyDelete