Monday, 30 November 2020
Wednesday, 25 November 2020
Hello and welcome to Colour INKspiration #90!
The inspiration photo is such a gorgeous photo. I hope it is getting you in the mood for the festive season. It is fast approaching and I am enjoying creating some Christmas Cards. For this challenge, however, I have made a sweet baby shaker card using the Zoo Globe stamp set.
- Cut a Pretty Peacock card base to measure 21cm x 14.9cm scored and folded in half.
- Cut another piece of Pretty Peacock card stock to measure 10cm x 14.4cm.
- Use the globe die from the Snow Globe scenes die cut a globe out of the 10cm x 14.4cm pice of card stock at the top of the card stock.
- Run the area below the die cut piece through the Stampin" Cut & Emboss machine using the weave look embossing folder from the Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folders.
- Stamp the elephant, balloons, globe and globe base in Tuxedo Black Memento™ink on a piece of Whisper White card stock. Fussy cut all pieces with paper snips except the globe and globe base which you can use the die cut.
- Colour the elephant in with the Dark Pool Party Stampin' Blends Marker.
- Colour the Globe in with light Pool Party Stampin' Blends Marker.
- Colour the Balloons in with Daffodil Delight and Petal Pink Stampin' Blends Markers. And the Coastal Cabana Stampin' Write Marker.
- Colour the base of the Globe in with the Dark Pretty Peacock Stampin' Blends Marker.
- Use the Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends Marker to colour the Whisper White crinkled seam binding ribbon. It will dry very quickly. Secure the ribbon around the bottom of the globe and the top of the embossed area using tear n' tape at the back.
- Secure the Shaker Dome to the back side of the die cut Pretty Peacock piece of card stock by removing the tape and holding in place for a few seconds.
- Using Dimensionals secure the elephant and the balloons to the coloured base of the globe.
- Select a small amount of Pretty Peacock sequins from the Woven Threads sequin assortment and Pool Party sequins from the Whale of a time sequins. Place these in the dome. Then place the coloured globe with the elephant and balloons inside the dome.
- Remove the tape of the back of the dome and secure this to the card base and use glue to secure the other areas.
- Using dimensionals place the globe base at the bottom of the globe and on top of the ribbon. Using a glue dot secure some coloured ribbon tied in a bow on the right hand side of the globe base.
- Stamp the Sweet Baby sentiment on a piece of Whisper White card stock in Pretty Peacock ink and using your paper snips create a banner. Glue this to the left lover side of the card.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. Make sure you answer the questions when you are prompted We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
Wednesday, 11 November 2020
- Start with a Shaded Spruce card base measuring 21cm x 14.8cm scored and folded in half
- Cut another piece of Shaded Spruce to measure 10cm x 14.3cm. Run this piece through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine with the Wrapped in Texture Embossing folder with the spots grouped in fours.
- Glue this to the front of the card base.
- Using the Stitched Rectangle dies cut one piece of Just Jade card stock using the 6.5cm x 10cm die
- Cut a piece of Gray Granite cards stock to measure 9.5cm x 6cm. Glue this to the Just Jade piece.
- Using the Stitched Rectangle dies cut a piece of Whisper White card stock with the 9cm x 5.5cm die.
- On the Whisper White die cut shape stamp the bottom of the stocking in Poppy Parade ink and the top in Shaded Spruce. Filling the dots in on the top of the stocking with Poppy Parade ink.
- Colour the bottom of your stocking with Poppy Parade Stampin' Blends.
- Glue this layer onto the Gray Granite layer
- Stamp the sentiment in Shaded Spruce on a small piece of Whisper White card stock to measure 4.5cm x 1cm. Use your paper snips to banner the ends.
- Lay two 10cm lengths of the Poppy Parade ribbon down centrally on your card base secure with Tear & Tape. Cut the ends on an angle.
- Pop the three layers with the stocking at the top up on dimensionals and secure to the front of the card.
- Pop the sentiment up on dimensionals and secure to the lower right hand side of the stocking.