Hello and welcome to Colour INKspiration #120!
The crew would love you to join us for one of the challenges! It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. Make sure that you answer the joining questions. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
This months inspiration image was chosen by crew member Jan Clothier. It is a gorgeous image and the colours are so very beautiful together.
I have chosen the soon to be retiring Sweet Ice Cream Bundle and Stitched So Sweetly Dies for my project this challenge I felt the green colours would make a great mint ice cream. My favourite!! I love the font of the Happy Birthday sentiment too.
- Start with a Basic White card stock measuring 21cm x 14.9cm
- Cut another piece of Basic White card stock to measure 10cm x 14.3cm for a matt layer
- Cut a piece of the Shimmery White card stock to measure 12cm x 9cm. Wet it with water using your Water Painter then use Polished Pink ink to completely colour the piece. Se aside to dry before die cutting with a Scallop Rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies
- Die cut the label from the Stitched So Sweetly Die set in Basic White card stock
- On Basic White card stock stamp the cone base in Crumb Cake ink then the cross hatch in Crumb Cake. Stamp one Ice Creams in Soft Seafood and the other in Just Jade. On the Soft Seafood Ice Cream stamp the Sprinkles in Just Jade. Punch out all three shapes.
- Stamp the sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink on Basic White card stock then fussy cut close to the letters
- Run a 13cm piece of the Misty Moonlight cotton ribbon across the front (in landscape) of the Basic White Matt layer and secure at the back using Tear n' Tape
- Adhere the Polished Pink Scallop Rectangle to the card front using Dimensionals
- Pop the label up on Dimensionals and adhere to the centre of the card
- Use Dimensionals to connect the cone to the two Ice Creams and pop this up on the label layer
- Adhere the sentiment across the front of the Ice Cream using Dimensionals at each end and glue in the centre
- Secure three of the Iridescent Rhinestones to the label layer
- Tie a 12cm length of both the Misty Moonlight Cotton Ribbon and a 12cm length of the Silver Elegant Trim in a bow and adhere to the right hand side of the card using a glue dot
Many thanks for visiting today. You are appreciated!