Hello and welcome to my blog post for Colour INKspiration #121.
The crew would love you to join us for one of the challenges! It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. Make sure that you answer the joining questions. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
This months amazing inspiration image was chosen by lovely crew member Rose Packer. And it is such a beautiful image of mother nature and the colours found during a storm.
I went straight to the On The Horizon stamp set as it was perfect as I wanted to recreate the scene from another angle using birds instead of a clap of lightning. Here is my card for this challenge.
- Start with a Gorgeous Grape card base measuring 21cm x 14.9cm scored and folded in half
- Cut a piece of Basic White card stock to measure 10cm x 14.3cm
- Use Blending Brushes to create the background. The order starting from the top is Pale Papaya, Pumpkin Pie, Poppy Parade then Gorgeous Grape. I coloured almost half of my page in Gorgeous Grape to put the trees half way up
- Stamp the trees, birds and reeds at the bottom in Memento ™ Tuxedo Black ink and adhere this layer to the card front
- Cut a piece of Basic Black card stock to measure 6.5cm x 1.2cm. Stamp the sentiment in Versamark™ ink, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and set with the heat tool. Adhere to the card front below the trees using Dimensionals
I love how my card turned out and enjoyed the process of blending ink immensely. It is very satisfying!
I hope you are enjoying your week and have found time to get creative too!