Hello and welcome to another fun Social Stamping Blog post!
I hope you are having a good week and that you and your family are keeping well!
Friend is the theme for this week and I chose the gorgeous Tropical Oasis Suite to create my card for this challenge. We all could do with a holiday somewhere warm and relaxing! For now we just have to stay home and be patient as much as possible. I have enjoyed watercoloring this week as I find it relaxing. Something I love to do. You could colour the images in with Stampin' Blends as well if that is what you enjoy or have on hand.
- Cut a Melon Mambo card base. 21cm x 14.9 scored and folded in half.
- Cut two Shimmery White matt layers to measure 14.4cm x 10cm.
- Using the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder run one of the 14.4cm x 10cm through your die cutting machine. Then cut this piece down to measure 14.1cm x 9.7cm.
- Glue the tow Shimmery White layers together with glue then glue both to the card base with the embossed layer at the top.
- Cut a piece of the Shimmery White card stock to 14cm x 3cm. Stamp the friendship sentiment in Saddle Brown Stazon™ ink and die cut with the Ornate Layers Stitched Rectangle Die.
- On some spare Shimmery White card stock stamp the flower and two leaves in Saddle Brown Stazon™ ink.
- Colour with Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Granny Apple Green Watercolour pencils and an Aquapainter.
- Die cut these images with the coordinating dies from the In The Tropics Dies.
- Using dimensionals pop the sentiment up on the Coastal Weave layer.
- Arrange the flower and leaves to the left of the sentiment and use dimensionals to secure and pop up these die cuts.
Thanks for visiting my blog today. You are appreciated!
I am enjoying the weekly challenges from Kelly Kent. It is a great way to feel connected to others through creativity. You can see all the participants blog posts here or click on the next button below to go to Narelle Sim's post!
Please take good care!
I hope you will find some time to be creative this week.
OMG Leonie, that is such a beautiful card. So pretty and fresh. You've got my address, right !!ReplyDelete
So pretty! I love the embossed background together with the oversized flower - delicate and wow, all at once! Kelly xReplyDelete
Super Pretty Leonie I love it and I really love this stamp with the embossing folder xxReplyDelete
The pink hibiscus is soooo pretty! Love love love. And the white embossed background is glorious. Great watercolouring.ReplyDelete
Very Elegant <3 Love the watercolouring <3 Cheers ShazReplyDelete
Lovely card. Beautiful colouring and I love how you did the two layers or shimmery white with the top one embossed.ReplyDelete
Sophisticated card-love the detail.ReplyDelete
This is such a beautiful tropical card Leonie. Love your water colouring.ReplyDelete
Lovely tropical card Leonie. Your watercolouring is so pretty.ReplyDelete