Hello and welcome to my blog post for the Colour INKspiration #76 Crew.
I love this inspiration photo. I do have a fondness or wreaths and this wreath is stunning! Perfect for Autumn in Australia.
I have used the beautiful bloom from the Ornate Style stamp set. Such a pretty floral display and fun to colour too! I am challenging myself to creating more colourful cards at the moment. I do love a clean look to my cards. I am just trying to get outside my comfort zone and use more colour. Colour is a beautiful way to cheer someone up and I am hoping the recipient of this card will love the bright colours too.
- Start with a Pumpkin Pie card base measuring 21cm x 14.8cm scored and folded in half.
- Cut a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock to measure 14.4cm x 10cm. Run this through your Big Shot™with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Cut a piece of the Linen ribbon with the white edge to measure 12cm. Place this around the centre of the Subtle Embossed layer in Portrait position and secure at the back using Tear and Tape.
- Glue the Subtle Embossed and Ribbon Layer to the Pumpkin Pie card base.
- Cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock to measure 10 x 14cm and use the Ornate Style frame die to create the beautiful lacy frame.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock to measure 10cm x 12cm and then run this through your Big Shot. Then cut down to fit inside the Cherry Cobbler lacy layer and glue this on top of the Cherry Cobbler layer.
- Then use dimensionals to join the Pumpkin Pie Subtle layer to the Cherry Cobbler lacy layer.
- Stamp the floral image on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with Crumb Cake ink.
- Colour the larger flowers in Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Blends. Then use the White Stampin' Chalk to give more depth. I used the chalk where the light would hit the flowers. I did rub my finger over the top to dull the white chalk slightly after applying it.
- Colour the Daisy's in with the Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends and also the smallest flowers where I applied the the light Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blend to the centre and then blended out with the Stampin' Blends Colour Lifter.
- I used Pear Pizzazz Ink and a Blender Pen to colour the leaves.
- Cut this image using the coordinating die from the Ornate Style Bundle. Use dimensionals to pop this floral layer up on the top of the Coastal Weave layer. I have placed it to the bottom left of the layer.
- Cut a 10cm x 3cm piece of Very Vanilla card stock and rub with the Embossing Buddy. Stamp the sentiment from the Ornate Thanks Stamp Set in Versamark™ink on the of Very Vanilla card stock. Sprinkle the Gold Embossing Powder over the top and set with the Heat Tool.
- Cut this sentiment layer down with your scissors and use dimensionals to place this on the top of the floral layer.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today!
I am very grateful for those that visit.
Take care of yourself and your loved ones during this time!