Hello and welcome to my blogpost for Kylie's Demonstrator Training Program Monthly Blog Hop!
I have enjoyed a quiet Easter this year as I am sure you all have. It is a strange thing to be apart from family and friends during Easter. Many people have camped in their back yards and the air has been filled with smoke this weekend. People are staying home enjoying camp fires and BBQ's with those they are in social isolation with. My little villages population usually doubles at Easter with cars towing boats heading towards the river and caravans heading to one of the many caravan parks.
I have enjoyed a few creative days this weekend. I have enjoyed the solitude in my craft room.
I decided to create a card using the Tropical Oasis Suite for this months blog hop.
I love the word Aloha and wanted to create a card using the sentiment die from the In the Tropics Dies as well as use one of the Tropical Oasis Trinkets which are very sweet!
- Cut a Pool Party card base to measure 21cm x 14.9cm scored and folded in half.
- Cit a piece of Mango Melody card stock to measure 10cm x 14.4cm
- Cut a piece of the Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper to measure 9.7cm x 14.1 cm.
- Glue the DSP layer to the Mango Melody Card Stock then glue these layers to the Pool Party card base.
- Using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies cut a Stitched Scalloped Rectangle out of the Shimmery White Card Stock. Glue this to the DSP layer on card base.
- Cut a piece of Pool Party Card Stock and a piece of the DSP to measure 12cm x 8cm. Cut one of the label dies out of each of the pieces then glue them together. I have done this for extra stability for the label layer.
- Cut the little leaves out of the Old Olive card stock. I cut two of each leaf.
- Stamp the Frangipani image twice in Stazon™Saddle Brown ink on Shimmery White card stock. Colour with the Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight Watercolour Pencils and use the Aquapainter to move the colour around
- Die cut these flowers.
- Cut a Piece of the Braided Burlap Trim to measure 14 cm and secure using Tear and Tape to the top of the Stitched Scallop Rectangle. Laying it across the card base.
- Die cut the sentiment Aloha out of Soft Suede card stock twice. Glue them together for added stability and height. Then glue them to the label layers.
- Using a glue dot adhere the guitar trinket to the label below the sentiment.
- Pop the sentiment label up on to the front of the card base using dimensionals.
- Place dimensionals behind both of the Frangipanis and attach them to each side of the sentiment layer. Using glue dots attach the leaves behind the Frangipanis.
Thank you for stopping by my blog post today. I am grateful for you taking the time to read how this game together. I enjoyed creating this card immensely.
Make sure that you head on over to each participants blog posts to see what they have created for this months Blog Hop. You can click on the links below!
Hope you enjoyed a peaceful Easter.
Hope you enjoyed a peaceful Easter.
In love! Beautiful colouring of your frangipani flowers, Leonie. D xReplyDelete
Love it Leonie.ReplyDelete
Love how you've coloured the flowers!ReplyDelete
This is so pretty Leonie xReplyDelete
What a lovely, cheerful card Leonie! :)ReplyDelete
Love your card Leonie thanks for sharing xReplyDelete
Your cards are always so pretty, Leonie, and this is no exception! Love it!ReplyDelete
Cute card. Reminds of trips to HI.ReplyDelete
Love frangipani's! Thanks Leonie for taking part in our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month!ReplyDelete
Fabulous details on your card, Leonie!ReplyDelete
A gorgeous cardReplyDelete
Lovely tropical card designReplyDelete
A very striking card - I can feel the heat of the sun!ReplyDelete
One of my favorites!ReplyDelete
So beautiful ...😍colors, flowers everything...iReplyDelete