Hello and welcome to my Colour INKspiration #75 Blog Post!
Another beautiful inspiration photo this challenge. What a stunningly beautiful and bright front porch It would be such a pleasure to return home here each day!
I wanted to create a Thank You card for a friend who has been a great support to me since we have all been asked to stay home. So important to keep in touch with each other at this time as we can feel so disconnected from each other.
I decided to create a card with a pretty floral display and the Bloom and Grow stamp set was the perfect one. As I love wreaths I decided to position then glue the flowers in the shape of a wreath and lay this underneath a stitched circle shape with the sentiment stamped.
- I started with a Melon Mambo card base measuring 21cm x 4.9cm score and folded in half.
- I then cut two whisper White Card bases measuring 10cm x 14.4cm and 9.7cm x 14.1cm. I glued these two Whisper White layers together and then glued them to the Melon Mambo card base.
- I stamped the flower stamp onto a piece of Whisper White card stock three times in Memento™Tuxedo Black ink. I also stamped three of the small three leaf images and three leaf and small bud images.
- I coloured all of these images in with the Call Me Clover, Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody Stampin' Blends and then the Gorgeous Grape and Melon Mambo Stampin Write Markers. Please see images to see how I coloured the images.
- I used the coordinating Budding Blooms Dies to die cut these coloured images.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black piece of Card Stock to measure 12cm x12cm. Rub with Embossing Buddy then stamp the sentiment from Bloom and Grow in Versamark™ ink in the centre of the piece of Basic Black card stock. Sprinkle White Stampin' Emboss Powder over and set with the heat tool. Die cut this sentiment with a Stitched Circle.
- Arrange the floral and leaf images in a circle and glue to the back of the sentiment layer. I arranged the images first then place glue on the outer edge of the back of the sentiment layer in a circle and placed this over the top of the floral images to group it all together. You can then place and glue the smaller leaf images behind the floral images.
- Then once this top layer is dry place dimensionals behind and pop up on the Whisper White matt layer.
Thank you do much for taking the time to visit my blog today.
I hope you and your loved ones stay well. I also hope that you find time to be creative in some form. I have been keeping busy cooking in the mornings and card making in the afternoons. I am also getting around to reading some books that have been on my bookshelf waiting to be read. Next on my list is Clare Pooley's 'The Authenticity Project'. My husband is now working from home now. I am baking something nice for our morning and afternoon tea. We just need to make sure we go for a walk each day!
Please head to the Colour INKspiration Challenge facebook page here to check out the other crews amazing projects! Some wonderful creations to show you there.
Please take care!