Hello and welcome to the Stamping Inkspirations Blog Hop for September. This month the crew are featuring Fun Fold Favourites. I love to make a fun fold and enjoy simple folds so that they can be recreated and adapted by others easily.
The Celebrate Everything Designer Series Paper is a favourite in the July - December Mini Catalogue. The cute DSP with the pink bows really is so sweet and I decided to make a card for a young lady for this challenge. The Christmas Scottie Bundle was perfect to pair with the DSP and, we all know, everyone loves a puppy!
- Start with a card base measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
- Score along the the longest side the top of the card) at 2", 3 1/8", 5 3/8" and 6 1/2" and fold the card so that the centre piece is at the front
- Next cut the DSP - one piece 5 1/4" x 1 3/4", two pieces each of 5 1/4" x 3/4" and 5 1/4" x 7/8" and glue each piece to the five front panels of the card. You will easily see where they fit
- Cut a Basic White piece of card stock to measure 2 7/8" x 2 1/2". Stamp the check background stamp in Polished Pink ink on their piece
- Cut a piece of Poppy Parade card stock to measure 2 6/8" x 2 3/8" and glue the check stamped layer to the top of this. Adhere to the front panel of the card using dimensionals ensuring that it is only adhered to the middle panel
- On Basic white card stock stamp the Scottie Dog in Poppy Parade ink and the bow in Polished Pink ink and punch out using the coordinating punch. Adhere the dog, using Dimensionals, to the front of the check layer and then glue the bow into position.
- For the centre of the card back (see below) I have cut a 5 1/4" x 1 3/4" piece of Basic White card stock and stamped the sentiment in Poppy Parade ink before gluing into place
The back of my card is where I am choosing to place the sentiment and write to the recipient.
Up next on our Fun Fold Favourites Blog Hop is the very talented Teri West! Make sure you click on the Next Blog button below to head over to her post! I am sure she will have something amazing to share with you.
Many thanks for visiting my blog today. You are appreciated!
Have a wonderful week.