Hello and welcome to the Around the World on Wednesday Blog Hop for August 22!
Each month a group of creative friends create a project for a theme. This month we have Never Grow Up! as our theme. Below is an image of all of the crew and where they are from around the globe. Such a lovely group of people.
This challenge was a lot of fun and got me thinking about the things that I liked to do as a child that I continue to enjoy as an adult. Colouring in and being crafty were the first thoughts that came to mind. I have always loved happy and bright colours. And, when I was about 8 years, old I attended ballet lessons. So I was drawn to the Hippo in the tutu from the Hippest Hippos stamp set as that was how I felt I looked and acted as a Ballerina. Needless to say the lessons did not last for very long. I set about making a different kind of shaker card on which the shaker part protruded on the front of the card like a button that needs to be pushed and shaken that a child might enjoy. Here is my shaker card below.
- Start with a Coastal Cabana card base measuring 29.7cm x 10.5cm scored and folded in half
- Cut another pice of Coastal Cabana card stock to measure 10cm x 14.3cm
- Cut another pice of Coastal Cabana card stock to measure 9.6cm x 13.7cm and run this through the Cut & Emboss Machinee with the Hive 3D Embossing Folder. Then glue this to the 10cm x 14.3cm Coastal Cabana mat layer
- Cut a 10cm x 5.5cm piece of the striped Celebrate Everything Designer Series Paper and glue it to the top third of the Hive layer. alternatively you could cut Melon Mambo or Polished Pink card stock the same size then use a 2.3cm x 10cm piece of Poppy Parade or Sweet Sorbet for the centre of the stripe and glue them together
- Tie a 40cm length of the Sweet Sorbet Baker's Twine around the centre of the DSP layer as in image below, then adhere at the back using Glue Dots.
- Stamp the Hippo in Smoket Slate ink, Die cut then colour using Melon Mambo and Smokey Slate Stampin' Blends
- Cut a 6.5cm stitched circle from the Stylish Shapes Dies in both Basic White and Melon Mambo.
- Adhere the Hippo to the centre of the White Circle using Dimensionals and set aside
- Then using the Melon Mambo piece cut a hole in the centre of the circle using the 5.5cm Stylish Shapes Die to create a circular frame
- Die cut a 6.5cm circle from the Window Sheet and glue this to the back of the Melon Mambo Frame. Set aside to dry completely.
- Use a foam adhesive strip to go around the edge of the Stitched Basic White circle. Stay very close to the outside edge and away from the Hippo
- Place some of the Pink, Silver and White sequins from the For Everything Fancy Sequins around the Hippo and not on the adhesive. I omitted the gold ones as I felt they were not needed
- Remove the adhesive and adhere the Melon Mambo frame to the top of the foam adhesive encasing the sequins
- On a piece of Melon Mambo card stock, wiped first with the Embossing Buddy from the Embossing Additions Tool Kit, stamp the sentiment in Versamark™ ink then sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and set with the Heat Tool
- Using the 2.7cm wide tag die from the Tailor Made Was Dies, die cut the sentiment card stock with the sentiment at the top. Then move the bottom of the die up towards your sentiment to cut it smaller creating a small custom tag
- Adhere the tag to the right hand side of the shaker using Dimensionals then tie another length of the Sweet Sorbet Twin in a bow and glue to the cut out at the top of the tag
I did stamp and colour the Hippo on the inside of my card using the same method as for the Hippo colouring above. I stamped the sentiment in Melon Mambo and used another small strip of leftover DSP for the bottom of the insert. I enjoyed colouring these sweet little Hippos so much!
I hope you enjoyed reading how this card came together. It certainly was fun to create.I hope I have inspired you to create something fun too.
Up next on our Round the World on Wednesday Blog Hop is my lovely and very talented friend Carolyn Boyland. Make sure you click on the next button below to keep hopping to see the teams amazing projects
Full list of blog participants below
Thank you for stopping by today. You are appreciated!!
Love this stamp set and love your card. Such fun colours for a fun image. Beautiful work xReplyDelete
Such a pretty card!! Love the colour combination you have chosen. How adorable are those cute hippos! xoReplyDelete
A Shaker Card!! And it's adorable, as I'm sure you were when you were a ballerina.ReplyDelete
Oh this little ballerina in a shaker card is such a good idea! I have never been a ballerina but I wore a tutu for carnival when I was 6 years old, this card reminds me of those happy times, thank you!ReplyDelete