Hello and welcome to the Stamping Inkspirations Blog Hop for August. I cannot believe that we are in August already. The year is going so quickly.
This month we are featuring a Blending Technique this month. I have to say that I love all my tools for stamping and creating but Blending Brushes are up there with my favourite tools. The versatility they allow for is amazing. Whether it is colouring and blending colours on card stock or adding ink to a stamp set they can make the process easier or much more creative and fun!
For this months project I wanted to blend the inks on card stock and stamp the images in black and white. I settled on the glorious Paradise Palms Bundle. This bundle is perfect for both feminine and masculine cards. I have made a pretty feminine sunset background with the Blending Brushes.
- Start with a Polished Pink card base measuring 21cm x 14.9cm scored and folded
- Cut another piece of Polished Pink card stock to measure 10cm x 14.3cm for a matt layer
- Cut a piece of Basic White card stock to measure 9.7cm x 14cm
- On the piece of Basic White card stock, in landscape position, Blend the inks with the Blending Brushes from the bottom, Calypso Coral, the middle, Polished Pink and the top Fresh Freesia
- Stamp the Palm trees on the left of the blended card stock in Memento™Tuxedo Black Ink and the grass along the bottom left side. Glue this to the Polished Pink matt layer then pop up on Dimensionals on the card base
- Die cut the decorative strip in Basic Black card stock and glue along the bottom third of the card front
- On a piece of Basic Black card stock stamp the sentiment in Versamark™ ink. Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and set with the Heat Tool. I have used the Oval shape from the All That Dies. You can use any shape you like to punch or die cut the sentiment or use Paper Trimmer. Use Dimensionals to pop this up on the top of the Basic Black decorative strip
Please click on the next button below to hop the her blog post for more Blending inspiration.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful week.