Welcome to the Stamping Inkspirations Blog Hop for June. This month we have a lovely Monochrome Colour Challenge in shades of blue. I cannot wait to see all the creations from the design team this month.
I wanted to blend blue inks together for this card and use one of the fun Artistic Mix Decorative Masks to give detail and dimension. The sentiment comes from the Good Feeling stamp set found on page 18 of the Annual Catalogue. The sentiments are fun and the fonts are gorgeous!
- Start with a Night of Navy card base measuring 21cm x 14.9cm scored then folded in half
- Cut another piece of Night of Navy card stock to measure 10cm x 14.3cm
- Then cut a piece of Basic White card stock to measure 9.8cm x 14.1cm. Lay the decorative mask over the top and secure with washi tape. Blend the blue inks with Blending Brushes in this order - Balmy Blue, Pacific Point, Starry Sky then Night of Navy. Remove Decorative mask
- Glue the layer above to the Night of Navy matt layer and glue to the card front
- Stamp the sentiment on Starry Sky ink on a piece of Basic White card stock. Die cut using the second largest Stitched Circle from the Stylish Shapes dies
- Die cut a Night of Navy circle from the Layering Circle Dies. Glue the sentiment circle to the Night of Navy circle
- Adhere an 8cm length of the Denim Ribbon to the top third of the card using Glue Dots
- Secure the sentiment layers over the top using Dimensionals
I love how the decorative mask layer came out and really enjoyed using Blending Brushes to achieve the blending of the blue ink.
p next on our Blog Hop is the amazing Susan Webster!
Click on the next button below to go to her blog post for more inspiration.
Many thanks for visiting my blog today. You are appreciated!