Hello and welcome to the Colour INKspiration #124 Challenge.
Twice a month the crew get together to create to a colour palette inspired by an image chosen by a crew team member. This months image below was chosen by lovely crew member Lou Kitzelman. What a gorgeous image!
The crew would love you to join us for one of the challenges! It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. Make sure that you answer the joining questions. We can't wait to see what you create with
these gorgeous colours.
I love bright colours but wanted to create something softer for this challenge. The Tahitian Tide is such a dreamy colour when used softly. I have used the Through it Together sentiment with the Brilliant Wings Dies. I feel that thi layout could be easily recreated using other small dies and stamp sets.
- Start with a Crumb Cake card base measuring 21cm x 14.9 scored and folded in half
- Cut a piece of Basic White card stock to measure 10cm x 14.3cm
- Cut a piece of the Masking Paper to measure 12cm x 6cm. Tear both sides of the masking paper to create a torn strip and place in the centre of the Basic White piece of card stock. Use Tahitian Tide ink and a blending brush to colour both the top and bottom of the cad stock in landscape position
- Drop small water spots on top of the Tahitian Tide areas
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark™ink on the right hand side of Tahitian Tide bottom layer. Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and set with the Heat Tool
- Adhere this layer to the card base using Dimensionals
- On a 10cm x 5cm piece of the Fluid 100 paper colour from left to right using Daffodil Delight, Parakeet Party, Tahitian Tide then Night of Navy ink with your Water Painter. Then use the smaller Butterfly Die to cut out three Butterflies making sure you get each of the ink colours in.
- Adhere to the card front using Glue
I hope you have enjoyed reading how this came together.
I also hope you find time to be creative this week!