Hello and welcome to my blog post today. I have joined in the fun with the Global Design Project for their Sketch Challenge. Another fabulous sketch to work with!
I decided to head back to the Annual Catalogue to search for the perfect stamp set. I settled on one of my favourite stamp sets - Sweet as a Peach. I love the soft images and have softened them more by applying ink to the stamp using a Blending Brush before stamping. I love the gentle colour this creates.
- Start with a Basic White card base measuring 21cm x 14.9cm scored and folded in half
- Cut a 10cm x 14.3 piece of the Blue striped Designer Series Paper from the Your'e a Peach DSP. Adhere to the card base using glue
- Die cut a Basic White scalloped rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. Adhere to the centre of the card front using Dimensionals
- On Basic White card stock apply ink using a blending brush to the stamp then stamp the peach in Petal Pink and Calypso Coral on one edge. Pear Pizzazz for the leaves and stems and Balmy Blue for the flowers. Die cut all images and include three Basic White small flowers for the centre of the blue flowers
- Stamp the sentiment in Calypso Coal ink on Basic White card stock. Then colour another strip of Basic White card stock with Calypso Coral ink and a blending brush. Die cut the sentiment and the blended ink card stock using the die from the Peach Dies
- Adhere the Peach to the left hand side of the Scallop Rectangle layer. Cut a 10cm length of Petal Pink ribbon from the Cotton Ribbon Combo Pack arrange it in a bow and adhere to the top of the peach with a glue dot. Then adhere the stems to the top of the peach with a Dimensional
- Adhere the leaves and flowers to the right hand side of the card using Dimensionls. Glue the smaller white flowers to the centre of the blue flowers
- Use Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment and Calypso Coral die cut piece to the top of the flowers and leaves
I hope you enjoyed how this card came together. And my take on the sketch. It certainly was fun to play along again this week. I did love getting this stamp set out and creating with it again.
Have a great week. Hope you find time to be creative too!
Post a Comment