Hello and welcome to my blog post as the guest designer for the Global Design Project!
I am so excited to be the guest designer for this colour challenge. The colours are so very pretty together. Misty Moonlight, Magenta Madness and Mango Melody. I wanted to create something bright and cheerful with the colours and settled on the sweet Pirates & Mermaids stamp set. I also wanted to use my new Gentle Waves stamp set as it would compliment the Mermaid perfectly. One thing I love to do is use different stamp sets together to build my card.
Here is my completed Mermaid card and I love the sweet image of the Mermaid.
- Start with a Misty Moonlight card base measuring 21cm x14.9cm scored and folded in half
- Cut a piece of Magenta Madness card stock to measure 10cm x 14.3cm
- Cut another piece of Misty Moonlight card stock to measure 9.6cm x 13.9cm and stamp the Gentle Waves in Misty Moonlight ink. Then Glue this layer to the Magenta Madness layer. Then pop Those layer up on the card front with Dimensionals
- Die cut a circle in Basic White card stock and the coordinating scallop circle in Magenta Madness from the Layering Circles Dies. Then Glue these together and set aside to dry
- Stamp the Mermaid in Memento™Tuxedo Black ink and colour her with Magenta Madness, Mango Melody and Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends. Fussy Cut her out
- Stamp the Sand Dollars in Mango Melody ink and fussy cut them
- Die cut the2 of the seaweed in Misty Moonlight card stock from the Smooth Sailing Dies and adhere to the left hand side of the card front using glue
- Use Dimensionals to adhere the glued layering scalloped circle to the left hand side of the card front. Then use Dimensionals to adhere the Mermaid to the centre of the scallop circle
- Stamp the sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink on Magenta Madness card stock. Die cut it out with the banner from the Give it a Whirl Dies or trim into shape with paper snips. Die cut or cut a second banner of the same size. Place the plain banner under the sentiment banner and glue together with the plain banner extending further to the right than the sentiment banner. Glue into place at the right hand side of the Mermaid
- Adhere the Sand Dollars to the left hand side of the Mermaid
- Secure three of the Mango Melody Artistry Blooms sequins around the mermaid and you are done!
Many thanks for stopping by today. You are appreciated!
I hope you will play along with this weeks Global Design Project Colour Challenge. It is a great way to get started with your creativity.
Thank you for joining us Leonie, your card is so beautiful ;)ReplyDelete
Lovely, Leonie! Congratulations on the Guest Design.:-)ReplyDelete