Hello and welcome to the April Stampin Inkspirations Blog Hop.
This month we are creating fun fold projects. Something I don't often do unless it is a challenge. So I set out looking at other fun fold projects on You Tube and Pinterest. I was tempted to create something I have done before, but, when I saw a beautiful card Made by Gina K on You Tube, I knew the perfect stamp set instantly. Blessings of Home is retiring soon and it was wonderful to ink it up again for this fun challenge. It really is quite an easy fold to create and I like that there is a hinged card adhered to the back for writing in and also keeping the card stable for display by the recipient. I have kept the measurements the same as Gina K as it made sense to keep it simple.
- Start with a 5 3/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Thick White card stock
- Score along the 5 1/2" side at 3/4", 1 1/2", 4 1/4" and 5"
- Fold the first fold under, the second up, then the other side then down
- Stamp the floral image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a piece of Basic White card stock
- Use Tahitian Tide ink and a Blending Brush to lightly colour the centre of the card
- Colour with Stampin' Blends listed below and die cut with the coordinating die
- Cut two pieces of Thick White card stock to measure5 1/2" x 3 1/4"
- Lay both strips on a grid with measurements in inches. One at 0" and the other at 4 1/4". Glue the edge of the die cut image where it will adhere to the sides of the card front. Allow to dry before adhering to the top edge of the card front holding the card front in shape using glue
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark™ ink on Basic Black card stock. Sprinkle white embossing powder on top and set with the heat tool. Use trimmer to trim down close to the sentiment and adhere to the card front using DImensionals
- Cut a 15cm length of the Pool Party Ribbon and adhere to the top left of the sentiment using a GlueDot™
- Secure 5 of the Fresh Freesia Opal Rounds around the blooms on the edges
- Cut a piece of Thick White card stock to measure 11" x 2 3/4" and score at 5 1/2" to create a levered card to place behind the card front
- Stamp the sentiment on Tahitian Tide card stock and the flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black ink before colouring using Stampin' Blends. Adhere to the centre of the back of the card using glue
Up next on this months blog hop is the wonderfully talented Karen Henderson!
Click on the next blog button below to keep hopping for more fun fold inspiration.
Thank you for visiting my blog post today. I hope I have inspired you to be creative or perhaps create a fun fold card.