Hello and welcome to my blog post for Around the World on Wednesday for March.
This month the crew have Layer Up! as our theme. I love layered cards and the more layers the better. I am sure that many of the crew love layers too. Each month this talented group of paper crafters get together with a theme in mind. Below is an image showing where we all live around the world. I love hopping with this amazing and supportive group of people.
This month I have created my card with the Honeybee Home Bundle and coordinating Heart & Home Designer Series Paper.
- Start with a Basic White card base measuring 21cm x 14.9cm scored and folded in half
- Cut a piece of Fresh Freesia card stock to measure 10cm x 14.3cm
- Cur a piece of the Fresh Freesia DSP to measure 9.6cm x 13.9cm and adhere to the Fresh Freesia card stock using glue
- Around the centre of the DSP layer adhere a 12cm length of the White Frayed Ribbon securing at the back with glue dots
- Run a 12cm length of Linen Thread across the top of the Frayed Ribbon securing again with Glue Dots
- Adhere this layer to the card front using Dimensionals to pop it up
- Cut a piece of Fresh Freesia card stock to measure 7.5cm x 10.3cm
- Cut a piece of Basic White card stock to measure 7.1cm x 9.9cm and run this through your Cut &Emboss machine using the Hive 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere the embossed layer to the Fresh Freesia card stock then adhere to the card front using Dimensionals
- Stamp the floral spray, 2 sprigs of the other spray and the Bee in Sahara Sand ink on Basic White card stock die cut with the coordinating dies. Colour the floral spray with Fresh Freesia for the flowers and Light Crumb Cake for the leaves. Use light Crumb Cake for the bee and the other two sprays
- Die cut two of the reeds and one of the flower topped sprigs from Sahara Sand card stock
- Arrange all die cut pieces into a spray and adhere with glue dots and Dimensionals on the top of the Embossed layer
- Stamp the sentiment in Fresh Freesia ink on Basic White card stock and use paper snips to cut out the sentiment close to the lettering. Adhere to the card front using dimensionals
- Secure five of the Fresh Freesia In Colour Jewels around the floral image
- Tie a length of Linen Thread in a double bow and secure to the right hand side of the card using a glue dot
- I counted 10 layers on my card!!
Make sure you click on the next blog button to head to the lovely Rochelle Laird-Smith's Blog Post for more layering inspiration. She always has something beautiful to share each month.
Many thanks for stopping by today.
I hope I have inspired you to be creative today and use layering in your projects.
Have a creative week!