Hello and welcome to my blog post for CI#117!
The crew would love you to join us for one of the challenges! It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. Make sure that you answer the joining questions. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
I love this fun image chosen by crew member Michelle Miller. Aren't these the most beautiful birds and evoke feelings of being in the tropics somewhere special.
I wanted to create a tropical card with the challenge colours but I kept coming back to the Pirate stamp from the Pirates & Mermaids Stamp set. It is really fun and worked well with the colours. I have used the wood stamp from the On The Horizon Bundle to create the look of a raft. And Timeless Tropical stamp set for the Palm Trees.
- Start with a Bermuda Bay card base measuring 21cm x 14.9cm scored and folded in half
- Cut a piece of Basic White to measure 8.5cm x 12.9cm and another to measure 8.2cm x 12.6cm and run this piece through your Cut & Emboss Machine with the Timber Embossing Folder. Glue both these pieces together and adhere to the card base using dimensionals to pop it up
- On Basic White card stock stamp the Pirate and the chest in Memento™Tuxedo Black Ink and fussy cut both images. Colour the Coat of the Pirate in Real Red Stampin' Blends, his body with Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker the sword and buckle with the Crushed Curry Stampin' Write Marker. Colour the chest in with the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker and the coins with the Crushed Curry Stampin' Write Marker
- Stamp the wood image in Crumb Cake ink on Crumb cake card stock and die cut with the coordinating Die from the On The Horizon Bundle. Adhere to the card front using Dimensionals
- On a piece of Basic White card stock stamp the Palm trees by colouring the Palms in with Bermuda Bay ink and the Palm Trunks from the Timeless Tropical stamp set with Crumb Cake ink. Die cut using the coordinating die. Adhere to the card font using Dimensionals and placing the base of the tree on the wood image
- Adhere both the Pirate and the chest to the card front on top of the wood using Dimensionals
- On a small strip of Basic White card stock stamp the sentiment in Bermuda Bay ink and trim the end to banner. Adhere to the base of the images using Dimensionals
This was a lot of fun to create and the mash up of different bundles and stamp sets work so well together.
Thank you so much for stopping by. You are appreciated.
Hope you find time to be creative this week!
Post a Comment