Hello and welcome to my blog post for Colour INKspiration #101!
We have some beautiful colours for you to create with for this challenge. The stunning image below was chosen by crew member Monica Formosa. A beautiful ocean image. The colour palette includes three of the new In Colours. I can't wait to see all the amazing projects by the crew and challenge participants for this challenge.
I have used the pretty Hand-Penned Petals for my card for this challenge.
- Start with a Balmy Blue card base measuring 21cm x 14.9cm scored and folded in half
- Cut a piece of Balmy Blue card stock to measure 10.2cm x 14.5cm. You will use this layer to glue the two following layers on
- Cut a piece of Basic White card stock to measure 10cm x 10cm. Use the die from the Penned Flowers Dies to create the scalloped edge at the bottom of the Basic White layer
- Cut a piece of the blue and white striped DSP to measure 10 cm x 7cm
- Glue the DSP piece to the bottom of the 10.2 x 14.5cm piece of Balmy Blue card stock. Then glue the scalloped edge of Basic White card stock to the top
- Run a piece of Linen Thread around the base of the Basic White card stock layer on top of the scalloped edge securing with Stamp & Seal at the back. Glue to the card base
- Stamp the floral image in Gray Granite ink on a 7.2cm x 9.9cm piece of Basic White card stock. Use the coordinating solid stamps to fill the flowers and the leaves. The flowers are stamped in Fresh Freesia, Highland Heather and stamped off Evening Evergreen ink. I have coloured the flower centres with Pale Papaya Stampin' Blends.
- Cut a piece of Balmy Blue card stock to measure 7.4cm x 10.1cm. Glue the stamped floral image layer too this Balmy Blue layer. Pop this up on Dimensionals and adhere to the left hand side of the card centre
- Tie a piece of Linen Thread in a bow around the Linen Thread on the right hand side of the card
I hope you like my pretty card. It is hard to go wrong with this beautiful stamp set. It is so easy to stamp and colour the images in with this stamp set. I can't wait to make more cards with different colour combinations. At the bottom of my post is a list of products used to create this card. If you click on any of the images it takes you to my online store where you can purchase these products. I really do appreciate you supporting my little creative business.
I hope you are keeping well and enjoying the week. Thank you so much for stopping by. You are greatly appreciated!