Welcome to my blog post for the Stamping Inkspirations Blog Hop!
Each month this amazing blog hop group create some beautiful projects to inspire your creativity. We are from all corners of the globe and love to get together to create with a theme.
We have such a fun theme this month!!!!
Splish, Splash, Splish Splash!
I love creating cards with a water theme. I have used the Whale Done stamp set with the Whale Builder Punch for this months project. I had to have this bundle as soon as I saw it in the catalogue last year. The images lend themselves to both underwater and nautical themes and work well with other stamp sets in the catalogue too!
- Start with half a piece of Fluid 100 card stock and create the watery background using Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana Ink. I used a water painter to spread ink on my card stock from an acrylic block. I dried the Fluid 100 card stock with my heat tool and set aside
- Cut a card base of Coastal Cabana measuring 14.9cm x 21cm scored and folded in half
- Cut another piece of Coastal Cabana card stock to measure 14.3cm x 10cm. Using the 10cm x 6.7cm stitched rectangle die cut the centre out of this piece of card stock
- Stamp the whale in Night of Navy ink on a piece of Coastal Cabana card stock and punch out. Stamp a large and small seaweed in Shaded Spruce ink on Coastal Cabana card stock and fussy cut both out
- Stamp the school of fish in Shaded Spruce ink on the watery background
- Adhere the frame to the background layer using Dimensionals to pop it up. Then secure this to the card base with glue
- Pop the Whale up on Dimensionals and adhere to the background layer
- Glue the large piece of seaweed to the right hand side of the frame and then glue the smaller seaweed behind the larger seaweed
- Stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy ink on Basic White card stock. Trim with Paper Snips and use Dimensionals to adhere to the right hand side of the frame
- Adhere two of the Coastal Cabana sequins from the Artistry Blooms Sequins above the Whale to look like air bubbles
Up next on our blog hop is the very talented Libby Fens. Click on the next blog button to head to her blog post for more amazing inspiration.
Full list of blog hop participants
Thank you for visiting my blog today.
I hope that I have inspired you to do something creative today!