Hello and welcome to the February Stamping Inkspirations Blog Hop!
This month we have a colour challenge for inspiration. The crew had to pick 3 of the 5
Stunning colours to use on our project. I was wanting to make a Valentines Card, so, I chose Sweet Sorbet, Orchid Oasis and Shaded Spruce for my colour palette. I love when purples and reds are used together. I also wanted a fairly simple card as I have Tendonitis in my right wrist and I have been wearing a splint for weeks now. Boy the Stamparatus has been wonderful during this time.
Here is my completed Valentine's Day card using the Country Bouquet stamp set. I love this stamp sets gorgeous floral heart and sentiments. So simple to use with the Stamparatus.
- Start with a Sweet Sorbet card base measuring 21cm x14.9cm scored and folded in half
- Cut a piece of Orchid Oasis card stock to measure 9.9cm x14.2cm
- Cut a piece of Sweet Sorbet card stock to measure 9.6cm x 13.8cm. Stamp the small cluster of flowers all over this piece in Sweet Sorbet ink Then glue to the Orchid Oasis piece and adhere to the card base using Dimensional’s
- On a basic white piece of card stock stamp the heart image in both Sweet Sorbet and Shaded Spruce Ink
- Die cut this basic white stamped piece using a 7cm stitched square from the Stylish Shapes dies
- Cut a square measuring 7.4 cm² in Orchid Oasis card stock And glue this to the Stamped heart image square then adhere to the card front using Dimensional’s
- On an Orchid Oasis piece of card stock stamp the sentiment in Versamark™Ink. Then sprinkle with White embossing powder and set with the Heat Tool
- Using scissors cut out the sentiment in a rectangle and banner the right end. Adhere to the card front using Dimensional's
Up next on our Blog Hop is the wonderfully talented Danielle Kassing
Make sure that you click on the next blog button below and head on over to her blog post for more colourful inspiration.
Thank you for visiting my blog today. I hope I have inspired you to make a valentines card.