Hello and welcome to my blog post for Around the World on Wednesday for October.
Each month this talented group of paper crafters get together with a theme in mind. Below is an image showing where we all live around the world. I so enjoy hopping with this amazing and supportive group of creative people.
This month the crew have an amazing sketch to create with.
When I sat down to create with this design I was drawn to watercolour for the stripes. I wanted a flower in the large circle so I chose the beautiful Happiness Abounds Bundle, a favourite on my stamp shelf at the moment.
- Start with a Shimmery White card base measuring 21cm x 14.9cm scored and folded in half
- Cut another piece of Shimmery White stock to measure 10cm x 14.3cm
- Cut another piece of Shimmery White card stock to measure 9.5cm x 13.8cm. Use the thickest water painter to paint Pear Pizzaz stripes then allow to dry before adhering to the 10cm x 14.3cm piece and then to the card front
- On a 10cm x 10cm pice of card stock colour this piece with Pear Pizzaz water colour using Water Painters. set aside to dry
- Using the Layering Circle Dies cut a 6cm circle in Vellum, a 4cm and 3.5cm circle from the water coloured piece. Layer all three pieces as in sketch image above. Adhere all three pieces with glue
- Stamp the flower and three leaves in Memento™ Tuxedo Black ink o a piece of Basic White card stock. Colour the flower with Flirty Flamingo and the Colour Lifter Stampin' Blends. Then colour the leaves in Old Olive Stampin' Blends. Die cut all pieces with the coordinating dies
- Adhere the flower and leaves with Dimensionals to the card front
- Stamp the sentiment in Pear Pizzaz ink on a 7.5cm x 1cm piece of Shimmery White card stock and adhere to the card front using Dimesnionals
- Cut a 15cm length of Linen thread and tie in a bow. Adhere to the top left of the sentiment layer using glue
Up next on our blog hop is the very talented Rochelle Laird-Smith.
MAke sure that you click on the next blog button below to go to her blog for more wonderful inspiration with this sketch.
Many thanks for visiting my blog today.
You are appreciated.
Love your interpretation of the sketch with the watercoloured lines. Very pretty xReplyDelete
How gorgeous is your water colouring! Im envious xReplyDelete
Love those watercolour stripes Leonie! What a stunning card. xxxReplyDelete
I adore your choice of colour and the circle elements. Beautiful card xReplyDelete
Very pretty. Love the watercolored stripesReplyDelete
So pretty, Leonie! I like that colour combination a lot. We were on the same wavelength and without the timely arrival of Cottage Rose on my doorstep, I'd have used this set too!ReplyDelete
Very nice watercolor background idea. I really like this card! Thanks for sharing! XxReplyDelete