Hello and welcome to my blog post for the Stampers Showcase Blog Hop for July!
This month the theme is Gift Packaging.
I have a friend who has a Birthday this week and have created this sweet little gift box with a Stampin' Up!® Mini Pizza Box. It is the perfect size for a small gift or a gift card. She loves plants and the Forever Greenery Suite Collection is perfect for this occasion.
- Start with a White Mini Pizza Box and a Sponge Brayer. Spread the Pretty Peacock ink over the matt side of the Mini Pizza Box with the sponge brayer until you are happy with the depth of the colour. Put aside to dry.
- Cut a piece of Pretty Peacock card stock to measure 8.5cm x 8.5cm.
- Cut a piece of Gold Foil to measure 8.3cm x 8.3cm.
- Then cut a piece of the Forever Greenery to measure 8cm x 8cm.
- Glue the three layers together with the DSP on top and Gold foil in the centre with Multipurpose Glue and set a side to dry.
- Stamp the Hello sentiment from the Forever Fern stamp set in Versa Mark™on a piece of Pretty Peacock card stock. Sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder and set with the heat tool. Trim this and punch the ends with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. I have used a 1.3cm strip of Pretty Peacock card stock.
- Stamp the other sentiment in Pretty Peacock ink on a piece of whisper White card stock and die cut with a small Layering Circles Die. You could also use a small punch.
- Cut out a circle in Pretty Peacock card stock with one size larger Layering Circles Die. Glue this to the stamped sentiment circle.
- Use Gold Foil to die cut a spray of leaves from the Forever Flourishing Dies. Cut these leaves to make two sprays to go under the sentiment.
- Wrap a piece of the striped DSP measuring 4cm x 26cm around the Mini Pizza Box and glue it loosely together so that it slides off the box easily.
- Glue the Square DSP layers to the striped DSP only. So that the belly band and square layer slip off together.
- Arrange the Gold Foil leaves to sit below the sentiment layer and glue them down.
- Pop the circle sentiment layer in the centre using dimensionals then the Hello sentiment to the top right of that with dimensionals.
The Mini Pizza Boxes are so easy to work with especially with DSP!
I really enjoyed creating this gift box for my friend and need to make a conscious effort to use them more often. You could pop a photo in one and give that as a gift for someone special.
I hope you are traveling well at this time. We are experiencing a scary increase in numbers here in Australia. But, we are still very fortunate when compared to other parts of the world. I hope you and your family stay safe.
Thank you for visiting my blog today - you are greatly appreciated!
Make sure you hit the next button and head over to the talented Wendy Lee's blog post !
Then hop all the way around. There are so man talented people in this Design Team. Their work is sure to inspire you. Click on the next button below.
Take good care!