Hello and welcome to my Social Stamping Blog post!
I really enjoy creating for these weekly challenges.
The theme for this week is "Family" and with Mother's Day tomorrow I thought I would make a Mother's Day card for this challenge.
I have had the Painted Harvest stamp set since it was released and wanted to use it for a card before it retires. It is a gorgeous stamp set with beautiful and timeless sentiments.
- Start with a Very Vanilla Card Base measuring 21cm x 14.8cm scored and folded in half.
- Cut another piece of Very Vanilla card stock to measure 10cm x 14.3cm
- Cut a piece of the Daffodil Delight Checked Subtle Designer Series Paper to measure 9.6cm x 13.9cm. Glue this to the Very Vanilla matt layer.
- Cut a Nested Stiched Label out of another piece of Very Vanilla card stock
- Stamp the Sunflower in Daffodil Delight ink. The daffodil is created by stamping the two sunflower images on top of each other. Then stamp the centre in Soft Suede. Then fussy cut the flower using paper snips.
- Stamp three of the leaf images in Old Olive. The leaf is also created by stamping the two images on top of each other. Punch these out with the Leaf Punch or cut with Paper Snips.
- Using dimensionals arrange the Sunflower and leaves on the top of the Stitched Nested Label.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Itty Bitty Greetings in Soft Suede on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Punch out with the Classic Label Punch
- Cut a piece of the Braided Linen Trim lay it across checked layer and secure it behind the checked layer with glue dots.
- Glue this layer to the card base.
- Pop the Nested Stitched Layer up on top of the checked layer using dimensionals.
- Secure the sentiment layer using glue and a dimensional.
- Create a small bow of the Braided Linen Trim and secure it to the Braided Linen Trim to the right of the Stitched Nested Label using a glue dot.
I hope you enjoyed my creation for this week!
Make sure you head over to the my amazing friend Angela Meiritz -Reid to see her beautiful creation for this challenge. Click on the next button below.
You can see the list of all participants on Kelly's blog here.
Again I would like to thank Kelly Kent for organising the Social Stamping Blog Host.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today.
You are greatly appreciated.
Loooove the gingham behind your flowers - so bright, cheerful and glorious! Stunning card.ReplyDelete
Great card and I love this set. The new sunflower stamp set is looking pretty good too though and on my wish list!ReplyDelete
I wasn't sur if my first post, posted so here goes again, This card is really lovely Leonie. I love all the layers. xReplyDelete
Beautiful sunny and cheerful cardReplyDelete
Beautiful, bright, happy card Leonie...I adore the addition of the gingham, perfect!ReplyDelete
Beautiful card, Leonie. The yellow gingham works perfectly with the sunflower. Thank you for reminding me how pretty this set it - I need to get it out and have a play now!ReplyDelete
Sunny and gorgeous Leonie! I love the yellow gingham - so happy! I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day! Kelly xReplyDelete
This is a lovely bright happy Mother's Day card! The gingham dsp works so well with this sunflower, gorgeous!ReplyDelete