Welcome to the Stamping INKspirations Blog Hop for August!
Each month a group of creatives get together with a theme and create projects to inspire you. Each of us create a project, blog about it and then
This month we really have an amazing theme to get creative with!!
Reading is FONTS-amental!
I love this theme and the play on words and cannot wait to see what everyone has created for this theme.
As soon as I saw the Biggest Wish stamp set in the Annual Catalogue I knew that I needed to add it to my stamp collection. I has a great font and is very versatile.
Above is my project for this month and you can probably tell I have created the background with Stampin' Blends, Alcohol and Vellum. I love this technique and wanted to add some gold detail to my vellum. So read on if you would like to know how I added the gold!
- Start with a Coastal Cabana card base measuring 21cm x 14.9cm scored and folded in half
- cut another piece of Coastal Cabana Card stock to measure 10cm x 14.3cm
- Cut a piece of Basic White card stock and two pieces of White Vellum card stock to measure 9.7cm x 14cm
- Colour in large irregular shapes using the three Stampin Blends on the two pieces of Vellum. Spray very lightly with 90% Isoprolol Alcohol and watch the colours blend and create fun patterns. Allow to dry before reapplying ink or adding more alcohol. Set aside to completely dry
- Place the two Vellum pieces on top of each there and place the piece of Basic White on the base. Use a sewing machine to stitch around the edge of the three layers in white thread
- Use a fine paint brush and some of the Versamark™ ink refill to delicately create lines on the vellum. I followed some of the circles and also created some abstract lines. Then while still wet sprinkle with gold embossing powder and set with the heat tool
- Glue the layers to the 10cm x 14.3cm pice of Coastal Cabana card stock then glue to the card base
- Cut a 12cm length of the Gold Fine Art Ribbon and use Seal+ to secure it to the top third of the card front.
- Stamp the Happy sentiment on a piece of Basic White card stock and use the die from the Tasteful Labels Dies to create a label
- Stamp the Birthday sentiment in Versamark™ ink, sprinkle with gold embossing powder and set with the heat tool. Fussy cut this sentiment out and use Mini Dimensionals to secure it to the label under the happy sentiment. Use Dimensionals to secure this to the card front
I really had fun creating my project with many new techniques and media. I think the end result looks like an abstract collection of balloons and gold streamers.
Up next is the amazing Jessie Holten. I cannot wait to see what she has created for this challenge. Please click on the next button to head over to her blog post.
Thank you for stopping by today. I truly hope that you, your friends, family and community are going well at the moment. It is so lovely to feel connected to others through creativity! Especially as the world collectively faces the pandemic.
< Product List