Hello and welcome to my August post for the Around the World on Wednesday Blog Hop!
Each month a group of creative friends from all corners of the globe get together with a fun theme to inspire you.
This months theme is "Let's Shake Things Up!"
I love a good shaker card and really don't make them often enough. I love all the fun things you can put in a shaker card like sequins, sand, shells, glitter, snowflakes and other products designed for shaker cards. I have used some of the fun Shaker Shapes combined with the Subtle Shimmer Sequins for my project this month.
- Start with a Basic White card base measuring 14.9 x 21cm scored and folded in half
- Cut a mother piece of Basic White card stock to measure 10cm x 14.3cm as a matt layer
- Cut piece of the Polished Pink DSP from the Whimsy and Wonder Specialty DSP to measure 9.7cm x 14cm. Glue this to the matt layer
- Secure a length of Polished Pink Open Weave Ribbon to the DSP layer and then length of Whisper White Twine the centre of that. Tie a double bow using the white twine on the right hand side of the card front
- Secure the above layers to the card base using Dimensionals
- Using more Basic White card stock create a frame using the Stitched Rectangle dies. I placed a smaller die inside a larger die and proceed to cut it out with the Cut & Emboss Machine once perfectly aligned to make a frame.
- Cut a piece of Window Sheet to fill the frame cut out and assure to the back of the frame using seal+
- Using Foam Adhesive Strips create a frame on the edge of the Window Sheet DO not remove tape yet!
- Cut another piece of Basic White card stock to measure to the edge of the Foam adhesive strips
- Turn the frame over and fill with Polished Pink Heart shapes from the Shaker Shapes and some of the Subtle Shimmer Sequins. Make sure that they are in the centre of the Window Sheet then remove the tape and secure the Basic White card stock to the back. That is your shaker done!
- Glue the Shaker to the card front using glue
- Die cut the Christmas Tree using the coordinating Die from the Christmas Tree Dies and fussy cut some of the presents from the Whimsy and Wonder Specialty DSP. Use Dimensionals and glue to arrange these on the left hand side of the shaker
- Stamp the sentiment on a piece of Basic White card stock in Polished Pink ink then use trimmer and snips to create an angled banner. Secure to the card front using Dimensionals
I really hope that you have enjoyed reading and looking at my fun Christmas Shaker Card. I love the colours and images in this new bundle. Who doesn't like a pink card at Christmas. It will certainly stand out proudly!
Next up on our hop is the lovely and very talented Rochelle Laird-Smith!
Make sure that you click on the next button below to head over to her blog then keep hopping around to see everyones amazing Shaker Cards
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I hope I have inspired you to make a shaker card. Especially if you have never created one. Your recipient will love it!!
Fun card Leonie. I love this suite xReplyDelete
Thank you Rochelle!Delete
Such a cheerful, fun Christmas shaker card, Leonie! Love all the different shaker elements you added. Thanks for the inspiration and for hopping with us! xxReplyDelete
Thank you Angie xxDelete
This is fabulous Leonie! The little hearts in the shaker are perfect! xxReplyDelete
Thank you Cheryll xxDelete
Love your beautiful shaker card. The hearts add a wonderful pop of color with the sequins.ReplyDelete
Thank you 😊Delete
Thank you xxDelete
Such a fun, colorful card!! Love it!ReplyDelete
Thank you 😊Delete
Thank you 😊ReplyDelete
Gorgeous shaker card! This is one of my favorite suites.ReplyDelete
I don't make shakers very often either but I can always appreciate a good one like this! I like those non-traditional Christmas colours too.ReplyDelete
Beautiful card !ReplyDelete
Cranberry juice, lemon juice, and green tea also aid in natural detoxification. If you need to do a drug test in the next 24 hours, we recommend using Rescue Cleanse 32oz THC Detox Drink. Any THC detox kit will rapidly eliminate toxins from your system. You’ll have to follow the instructions accurately to reduce your THC levels. They also contain different pills and drinks which you’ll have to take with water. Now that you know about various options for drug testing detox drinks, let’s take a look at the winners. For same-day detox, we recommend Rescue Cleanse. It stays effective for 5 hours, comes in a delicious flavor, and works for individuals over 200 pounds. And it’s very easy to use. All you have to do is shake the bottle and drink! For a 5 to 10 day detox, we recommend TOXIN RID 10-DAY Detox Cleanse. However, many good options can cleanse your system entirely within one hour of consumption. Also, overweight people can use them. While effective marijuana detoxification depends on several factors, including BMI, our THC detox kits, mentioned above, may have all it takes to help you pass a drug test. Pee doesn’t need to be the only sample that your employer can ask for a drug test. On test day, you may have to give other samples such as blood or saliva. In such cases, you can have three-day Detox pills.ReplyDelete