Hello and welcome to my blog.
Time for another Colour INKspiration Challenge to inspire your creativity.
This photo was taken by the lovely Simone Bartrum in beautiful Mykonos.
Under my Umbrella is one of the sweetest stamp sets in the Mini Catalogue. And I thought the colours for this challenge worked perfectly with the sentiment that I chose.
- Start with a Night of Navy card base measuring 21cm x 14.9cm scored and folded in half.
- Cut a Whisper White matt layer to measure 10cm x 14.4cm.
- Then cut a Night of Navy Mat to 9.7cm x 14.1cm.
- Then another Whisper White piece of Card Stock to 9.5cm x 13.9cm for your front layer.
- Stamp the Raindrops in Versamark™ink and sprinkle White Stampin' Emboss Powder over the top of raindrops and set with heat tool.
- Use a sponge Brayer to sponge some Night of Navy invoker the top of the raindrops ensuring that you leave some of the outer areas white.
- Glue the three matt layers together with glue then glue to the card base with the raindrops layer on the top.
- Stamp the Umbrella in Night of Navy ink and the Handle in Basic Grey ink then punch out with the coordinating punch.
- Stamp the boots in Mango Melody ink and fussy cut them.Colour the Umbrella in with Night of Navy Stampin' Blends and then use the Colour lifter to create dots on the Umbrella for a polka dot look.
- Stamp the Boots in Mango Melody and then colour with the Mango Melody Stampin' Blends.
- Stamp the Sentiment in Basic Grey at the bottom right of the raindrops.
- Attach the Handle to the Umbrella using glue.
- Pop both the Umbrella and Boots up on the front of the cards using dimensionals.
- Place 5 of the clear epoxy droplets around the Umbrella and Boots
I enjoyed using these colours together and I must admit that I would not have put these colours together if not for this challenge. I am really happy with how vibrant the card looks. The boots remind me of the gumboots I wore on a wet day to school as a little girl.
Thank you for reading my blog today. I really appreciate you.
I just want to let you know that we are in the final days of Sale-A-Bration for 2020 so if you have not ordered yet there is still time.
I wish you and your family good health at the moment. It is great to see so many people staying home to reduce the number of people contracting Coronavirus. It is the perfect time to get creative. Who knows you may have time to create a years worth of cards or just send a card to people who are feeling isolated or friends you won't have that coffee catch up with.