Hello and welcome to another Around the World on Wednesday Blog Hop!
Each month a group of demonstrators from all around the globe get together and create projects with a theme to inspire you! The image below is where we are all from. It is so good to get together each month with these amazing ladies!
This months theme is "Something New, Something Old"!
I thought about this challenge for a while before settling on one of my oldest stamp sets and have used new Designer Series Paper from the upcoming January to June Mini Catalogue to compliment it. Here is my card.
- Start with a Smokey Slate card base measuring 21cm x 14.9cm scored and folded in half
- Cut another piece of Smokey Slate card stock to measure 10.2cm x 14.5cm
- Cut a floral piece of the Heat & Home Designer Series Paper to measure 10cm x 14.3cm in landscape. Glue this to the 10.2cm x 14.5cm piece of Smokey Slate card stock
- Cut a piece of Smokey Slate card stock to measure 10.5cm x 3cm. Run this through the Cut & Emboss machine using the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder and glue this to the centre of the DSP
- Stamp the Bird image form the Free as a Bird stamp set in Soft Suede ink on a piece of Basic White card stock. Colour leaves with a Garden Green Stampin' Write Marker. Colour the flowers with Fresh Freesia Stampin' Blends. Colour the Birds with Pale Papaya and the Colour Lifter Stampin' Blends Colour the branch in with Cinnamon Cider Stampin' Blends
- Stamp the sentiment in Soft Suede ink below the branch
- Use the largest circle die from the layering circle dies to cut out the birds
- Use the largest Scallop circle die to cut out a scallop circle in Smokey slate card stock and glue the stamped circle layer to this scalloped circle
- Cut a 13cm length of the Pale Papaya & White 1/2" Ribbon and adhere this to the Smokey Slate embossed band at the centre of the card front using glue dots. Angle both ends of the ribbon with scissors
- Pop the stamped circle layers up on Dimensionals and adhere to the left hand side of card front
- Colour three of the White Classic Matte Dots with the Fresh Freesia Stampin' Blends allow to dry and then adhere around the birds
Up next on our blog hop is the wonderful Rochelle Laird-Smith
Please click on the next blog button below to go to her post for more inspiration.
Thank you for visiting my blog post today. You are appreciated.
Have a great week!